The Geography Department aims to provide a rich, relevant and stimulating curriculum, which offers all students an informative and interactive discovery of Geography through providing differentiated resources and creative, yet challenging, learning experiences.
All students study Geography in 2 hours per week. They are taught a mixture of physical and human Geography topics which cover a wide range of skills. In Year 9, students study the following topics:
- Natural World
- Should we be concerned about climate change?
- What are the threats to people living in glacial environments?
- Human World
- What is Russia’s demographic challenge?
- Can India’s urban population cope?
- Resourceful world
- To what extent is oil a blessing or a curse?
- Do we still need to send food parcels to Africa?
Assessments take the form of extended pieces of writing mid-way through each topic and an end of topic test.
http://www.geography.org.uk/resources/investigatingclimatechange/ (climate change topic)
http://www.geography.org.uk/resources/russia-whereisthebestgeography/ (Russia topic)