The Careers Department at Allerton Grange will works closely with Sixth Form students to help them prepare for their future career.
What help is on Offer?
Careers will provide: Information, advice and guidance on all Post 18 Options be it: Higher Education, Further Education, Employment, Gap Year, Voluntary Work, Student Finance and studying abroad.
AGS sixth form Tutors and Careers work together to offer students:-
- Individual careers guidance interviews to help students decide what to do after Sixth Form – students can book these direct with the Careers Department to take place when they have a free period
- A Careers education programme which will cover all the Post 18 Options
- Workshops on how to apply for University
- Advice on how to write an effective personal statement
- Mock university interviews
- Assistance with applying for gap year or employment opportunities
- Help when the AS and A Level results are published
- Year 12 Job Talks- Throughout the year we have several speakers and careers workshops, but this is a day when a whole range of professionals come into school to talk about their career be it in Medicine, Construction, Accounting, Journalism, Engineering, Sport and so on. We also invite representatives from all the local universities be it: -Leeds University, Leeds Metropolitan University, York University, York St John University, Bradford University, Huddersfield University & Sheffield University.