The Careers Department at Allerton Grange will works closely with Sixth Form students to help them prepare for their future career.
What help is on Offer?
Careers will provide: Information, advice and guidance on all Post 18 Options be it: Higher Education, Further Education, Employment, Gap Year, Voluntary Work, Student Finance and studying abroad.
AGS sixth form Tutors and Careers work together to offer students:-
- Individual careers guidance interviews to help students decide what to do after Sixth Form – students can book these direct with the Careers Department but it is best that they take place when they have a free period
- A Careers Education & Work related Learning Programme which will cover all the Post 18 Options
- Workshops on how to apply for University & Higher Education Apprenticeships
- Advice on how to write an effective personal statement
- Advice & Guidance on writing an effective & targeted CV
- Mock University and Job interviews
- Assistance with applying for gap year or employment opportunities
- Help when the AS and A Level results are published
- Visiting Speakers- Throughout the year we have several speakers and careers workshops delivered by external organisations representing a range of employment sectors, training providers, colleges and Universities. In addition, we host a Job talks day where a variety of professionals come into school to talk about their vocational area be it in Medicine, Construction, Accounting, Journalism, Engineering, Digital Media, Sport and so on. We also invite representatives from all the local universities be it: -Leeds University, Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds City College University Centre, York University, York St John University, Bradford University, Huddersfield University & Sheffield University.